shale-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Spencer <pau...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [release] Last release of Shale?
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 17:14:45 GMT
Gary VanMatre wrote:
>> From: "Matthias Wessendorf" <matzew@apache.org>
>>
>> myfaces is already pretty large, so if you feel, that Shale should
>> stay a TLP, I have no problems with that.
>>
>> I just came back to this idea, b/c was discussed in the past,
>> nothing happened, and Shale is pretty ... quite, these days.
>>

> There hasn't been allot of activity.  Although, I think that other
> apache projects have periods of less activity.  But, I've not seen
> many request on the mailing lists for features to be implemented and
> releases to be made.

 From the stand point of finding what you need from a mailing list, a
low traffic mailing list is a good thing.  The MyFaces lists are
contains MyFaces for JSF 1.1, MyFaces for JSF 1.2, Tomahawk, Trinidad,
Orchestra, and JSF Commons traffic.  Adding Shale and it's sub projects
will just increase the traffic and user frustration.

A wild thought. Why not move JSF Commons, in whole or part, into Shale?
This is a way of strengthen the Shale community.