shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [dialog2] "Advance" failures and names
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 05:22:58 GMT

> Sounds good, I can take a stab at the JavaBeans listener if we want to
> do this (after the long weekend). Do we just want error notifications
> or progress notifications as well?

Progress indications make a lot of sense.  IIRC, this was one of Sean's
motiviations for specializing some of the classes in the original
implementation.  Some things that might make sense to treat as notification
events:

* Started dialog x

* Ended dialog x

* Entered state x

* Exited state x (via transition x)

* Excepton thrown from state

* Suspending operation due to needing user input (i.e. when you
  return from a view state or an exit state

Craig