shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [dialog] Multple dialogs per page?
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 02:22:48 GMT
On 8/25/06, Paul Spencer <paulsp@apache.org> wrote:

> Are Portlets supported?  If the answer is yes, then the user is
> able to configure and display many instances of the same
> portlet, i.e. view, on the page.  The dialogs MUST be independent
> of each other.
>
> This was a problem in early version of Jetspeed.

In all of the JSF-portlet bridges I am familiar with, each portlet is
produced by a separate request, from a separate JSF view, so it should not
be an issue for each portlet to have its own active dialog instance.

Supporting multiple instances of the same dialog, at all, is part of
requirement 10 and I agree we still need that.  This will cover the use case
where two portlets are different instances of the same dialog at the same
time.

Paul Spencer

Craig