shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [dialog] className attribute
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:19:34 GMT

> Ah, missed this in the earlier post about styling, but perhaps it
> needs a new thread anyway. That style [1] does not process the
> className attribute of all the legal dialog config elements. The
> className attribute came in through SHALE-120 [2].

Essentially, this lets you customize the configuration objects that model
the internals of the dialog.   Sean had a particular use case that he can
comment on ... but I imagine that this kind of thing would require the
application to access and customize the SCXML configuration beans instead.
What I don't know yet:

* Is this possible/convenient?

* Is this a good idea?  From watching what people have done customizing
  the configuration beans of Struts 1.x, it has enabled adding a lot of
power.
  But it sure feels like we're exposing an internal implementation detail.

Craig

Its basically an open door. Now I'm trying to make some sense of it