shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nightly build problem
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:41:52 GMT

> On 8/21/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Everything seems to be builidng correctly now.  Initially I was also
> > having trouble building locally so I think it was an issue with
> > ibiblio.

Sean, is Continuum actually deploying nightly builds of Shale?  I ask
because I've also got a nightly cron job on the zones machine that does
this.  We don't need both, certainly.

I think you were right about the permissions -- Craig deployed the
> 1.0.3 artifacts and they are not group writeable.  Continuum would not
> have been able to overwrite them in the snapshot repo.

Oops ... my nightly build script goes back and fixes things, and I forgot to
do this on the manually deployed 1.0.3 stuff.  Now that the POMs are updated
(to 1.0.4-SNAPSHOT) I'll go fix the 1.0.3 things.

Which is a *good* thing in this case, but something to consider for
> the future.  With a CI server running, we may need to branch for
> releases.

Yah, I shot myself in the foot on this one as well.

--
> Wendy

Craig