shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Shale Version 1.0.3 Release
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 04:23:11 GMT

> > Hmm ... on the stuff in the repository, Maven's "deploy" command is
> > calculating and setting up the md5 and sha1 signatures without the
> > filenames.  I copied that style on the release artifacts by manually
> > chopping the filenames off to match (32 byte files for md5 and 40 byte
> files
> > for sha1).  I've been comparing signatures by inspection.
>
> I don't know why Maven does it that way, except that whatever library
> it's using internally might need that format.  Not being able to use
> -c to check just makes it harder to script, no big deal.
>
> I just noticed that shale-blank includes two versions of both
> commons-logging and commons-validator.  Want to fix it and re-do the
> signatures?  It doesn't happen if I build it from source.

DId you build from the top level (framework) directory, or from the
individual app directory?  (I did the latter as a side effect of executing
the individual assembly:assembly operations).  I suspect that, courtesy of
MNG-1577 the dependency resolution can be quite different between the two
cases :-(.

Since the app actually runs, I don't want to delay things any longer by
trying to deal with this ... it's going to take some focused attention to
our POMs to make them resilient to this.

Craig

(The other example apps are using commons-logging 1.0.4.)