shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Shale Version 1.0.3 Release
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 02:53:24 GMT

> > At long last :-), the bits are ready for a vote.  All of the following
> files
> > have md5 and sha1 checksums, and are in addition signed by my code
> signing
> > key.   ...
>
> The PGP signatures are good, but the .md5 and .sha1 checksums do not
> include '*filename', so I get:
>
> $ md5sum -c shale-framework-1.0.3.zip
> md5sum: shale-framework-1.0.3.zip: no properly formatted MD5 checksum
> lines found

Hmm ... on the stuff in the repository, Maven's "deploy" command is
calculating and setting up the md5 and sha1 signatures without the
filenames.  I copied that style on the release artifacts by manually
chopping the filenames off to match (32 byte files for md5 and 40 byte files
for sha1).  I've been comparing signatures by inspection.

Craig

Thanks,