shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Test 1.0.3 Artifacts (Round 2)
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2006 06:22:11 GMT
OK, I've applied fixes based on feedback on the previous test artifacts
(plus fixed a couple of nasty bugs that surfaced in some separate apps I'm
building based on Shale), and it's time for round 2.  This time, I've
uploaded test distribution artifacts as well.  Here's what we need to take a
look at:

(1) Maven 2 Snapshot Repository Bits:

The following "pom" artifacts have been uploaded in
<http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/
>:

  org.apache.shale:shale-apps-parent:1.0.3
  org.apache.shale:shale-clay:1.0.3
  org.apache.shale:shale-core:1.0.3
  org.apache.shale:shale-dist:1.0.3
  org.apache.shale:shale-parent:1.0.3
  org.apache.shale:shale-remoting1.0.3
  org.apache.shale:shale-spring1.0.3
  org.apache.shale:shale-test:1.0.3
  org.apache.shale:shale-tiger:1.0.3
  org.apache.shale:shale-tiles:1.0.3

WARNING:  If you have previously installed 1.0.3 artifacts from the earlier
test build evaluation into your local repository, you will need to manually
replace them, because these are not SNAPSHOT version numbers.

(2) Releaseable .tar.gz and .zip artifacts

The following release distributions will be proposed as the content of the
1.0.3 release.  They can be found in the
<http://people.apache.org/~craigmcc/shale-test-release/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ecraigmcc/shale-test-release/>>
directory:

  mailreader-jap-1.0.3-dist.tar.gz
  mailreader-jap-1.0.3-dist.zip
  shale-blank-dist.tar.gz
  shale-blank-dist.zip
  shale-clay-usecases-dist.tar.gz
  shale-clay-usecases-dist.zip
  shale-framework-1.0.3-dist.tar.gz
  shale-framework-1.0.3-dist.zip
  shale-mailreader-dist.tar.gz
  shale-mailreader-dist.zip
  shale-mailreader-jpa-dist.tar.gz
  shale-mailreader-jpa-dist.zip
  shale-sql-browser-dist.tar.gz
  shale-sql-browser-dist.zip
  shale-test-core-dist.tar.gz
  shale-test-core-dist.zip
  shale-test-tiger-dist.tar.gz
  shale-test-tiger-dist.zip
  shale-usecases-dist.tar.gz
  shale-usecases-dist.zip

KNOWN ISSUE:  The version number (1.0.3) is not included in the top level
directory of the "war" distributions.  Need to figure out how to not do
this, without disabling the generation of webapps that don't require version
numbers in the context path.

KNOWN ISSUE:  The "-dist" suffix on all of the above distibutions is
somewhat useless.  We can rename the files, but it would be better to
identify a way to make the assembly instructions do what we want in the
first place.

Craig

PS:  These artifacts were all built against version r432806 of the SVN
repository.

PPS:  I expect one final round of testing that will include cleanup of the
above issues, plus signable distros of the sources and javadocs that we can
include before publishing the final 1.0.3 release.