shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Confluence Wiki Anyone?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 21:53:47 GMT

> On 8/9/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Another topic of concern was allowing people who have not been granted
> > > committer status the ability to edit the official documentation for a
> > > project.
> >
> > We could limit this to just committers like we do now for the website
> > (where the docs are now.)  Ideally we could add people by invitation
> > and this could be a stepping-stone to becoming a committer.
>
> The point that was brought up was that if someone is able to edit the
> website (or official) documentation, they should already be a
> committer since that's what being a committer is :-)

The project infrastructure at java.net recognizes "Content Developer"
(read/write access to the website content) separate from "Developer"
(read/write access to the repository as well as the website content).  That
distinction hasn't really existed in Apache projects, AFAIK, but there's an
interesting opportunity to think about that approach with a controlled
access area like a Confluence space.

On the other hand, anyone I am willing to trust with the web content is also
someone I would trust with repository access :-).

Craig

Craig