shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should we move shale-petstore somewhere else? Was --> Re: Wikipedia: More Licensing Questions
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 21:34:26 GMT
On 8/3/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm ok with shale-goodies as long as we can release artifacts as
> different versions, etc.  I'm assuming that's the case.  I think we're
> all curious about the google option so lets go ahead with it.  We can
> always move it in a few months if it doesn't pan out.  Right now
> there;s just shale-petstore and it wouldn't be the end of the world to
> lose the svn history if we had to move it.

I set up a "maven/trunk/master-pom" analogous to what we have in the Apache
repository ... you could set up shale-petstore/trunk to make it
independently branchable and so on.  We could even set up a "current"
externals later.

We'll have to think about the package names (and Maven artifact ids) here
... I used "shale-goodies:shale-goodies:1-SNAPSHOT" for the initial master
pom, but haven't checked in any code yet.

my gmail is sean.schofield

Added.

Sean

> ps. Google is also doing something cool which is allowing you to host
> your domain email through them.  There is a beta test going on and
> they accepted my application.  Something to consider for folks who
> have their own domain for business purposes.

That is pretty cool.

Craig