shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wikipedia: More Licensing Questions
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:11:07 GMT

> On 8/3/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Most of the images seem to be: GNU Free Documentation License, Version
> > 1.2.  What about the text?  Any ideas on that?
>
> Are you asking about the text on Wikipedia?  There's a notice at the
> bottom of every page: "All text is available under the terms of the
> GNU Free Documentation License."
>
> As for whether we can use the text or images, if GFDL is not listed on
> Cliff's page [1] then I would ask on legal-discuss@.

I suspect the GNU license for docs will have issues, so asking on
legal-discuss would be a good idea.

In the mean time, note that the original Blueprints PetStore application
(including content and images) is BSD-licensed, so we can use stuff from
there.  <https://blueprints.dev.java.net>)

Craig

[1] http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html