shale-dev mailing list archives

From "David Geary" <sabrew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r429947 - in /shale/framework/trunk/src/site: resources/images/remoting-001.jpg resources/images/remoting-002.jpg resources/images/remoting-003.jpg xdoc/features-remoting.xml
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 00:20:26 GMT
Thanks for committing this, Wendy. It looks good. If you don't mind, could
you add a couple of updates? Thanks.

Please add these two paragraphs at the end of Remoting Introduction, after
the bulleted list:

Processors are associated with URL patterns. Each processor has a default
pattern. For example, the Class Resource processor by default, is associated
with the URL pattern <code>/static/*</code>, so any URL starting with
<code>static</code> is handled by that processor. You can override those
default patterns with context initialization parameters if you wish.

That's a pretty abstract description of Shale remoting, so let's take a look
at a concrete example of remotely calling managed bean methods.

At the end of the An Ajax Example, just before Resources, please add this
paragrah:

The preceeding JavaScript stores the response text, which we generated in
Because
Shale calls the Faces context <code>responseComplete()</code> method, which
halts the JSF lifecycle and therefore inhibits a page refresh, the updated
DIV will be the only thing that changes on the page.

Also, could you switch the Accessing Static Resources and Remotely Calling
Managed Bean Methods? I think we get more bang for our buck if we open with
the Ajax example.

Thanks for all your help,

david

2006/8/8, wsmoak@apache.org <wsmoak@apache.org>:

> Author: wsmoak
> Date: Tue Aug  8 20:24:32 2006
> New Revision: 429947

> Log:
> Improve documentation for Shale Remoting.
> Submitted By: David Geary
> SHALE-130
>
> Added:
>     shale/framework/trunk/src/site/resources/images/remoting-001.jpg
> (with props)
>     shale/framework/trunk/src/site/resources/images/remoting-002.jpg
> (with props)
>     shale/framework/trunk/src/site/resources/images/remoting-003.jpg
> (with props)
> Modified:
>     shale/framework/trunk/src/site/xdoc/features-remoting.xml

[snip]