shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dialog2] Config init command
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 05:16:33 GMT
> On 8/30/06, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The init and destroy commands for the Shale dialog configs will need
> > to have mods for dialog2 (atleast init).
> >
> > Should we copy them over to the sandbox so we can work with them? Need
> > to be able to configure the parser.
>

> I actually finessed this on the legacy version, by reading the configuration
> stuff on demand.
<snip/>

Yup, I used the same scheme in shale-dialog2-scxml on that one ;-),
just wasn't sure if it was a sandbox thing. Will be a noticeable hit
for the first dialog instantiation, depending on the size and number
of dialogs.

> One thing I didn't like about the original pattern was
> these classes only got invoked if you happened to define the Shale
> application filter.  I've been on a kick to make the various parts of Shale
> as self-configuring as possible, and this seemed like another opportunity.

<snap/>

Makes sense, that way the only remaining thing that the application
filter seems to be invoking is the deprecated remote stuff.

-Rahul