shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject [dialog] Name attribute best practice
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:08:15 GMT
I would like to propose a best practice for the name attribute used in
various bits of the XML vocabulary for Shale dialogs that recommends
restricting these to alphanumeric characters (no spaces etc.)

Commons SCXML v0.5 is accomodating in that it will allow spaces for
state IDs (which is what the name attribute maps to) but there are
good reasons why we will shy away from this in some future release be
it at the cost of some legibility (driven by changes to that spec
draft).

I will produce a patch over the weekend such that the usecase
application follows this best practice (ofcourse, unless someone has a
good reason why we can't do without spaces here).

-Rahul