shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test Maven2 Artifacts for 1.0.3 Release Available
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:16:37 GMT
Comments inline (contain long, potentially broken URLs) -

> I ran out of time tonight to create all the release artifacts we're going to
> want for a 1.0.3 release (I have a flight at 6:45am tomorrow morning, and
> recent events mean I have to get up a lot earlier than usual to make that
> flight).  However, the following 1.0.3 labelled artifacts have been
> published to the Apache Snapshots repository (
> http://www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository) for evaluation and
> testing purposes:
<snip/>

Correction to the URL above:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/

> org.apache.shale:shale-apps-parent:1.0.3
> org.apache.shale:shale-clay:1.0.3
> org.apache.shale:shale-core:1.0.3
<snap/>

 * Contains a bogus manifest in jar basedir. This file should be removed:

 $shale-core/src/main/resources/MANIFEST.MF

 * Should not contain the remoting dir (neither the Bundle.properties
therein). This directory should be removed:

 $shale-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/shale/remoting/

 * Cruft in following Bundle.properties (such as the
org.apache.shale.tiles.TilesViewHandler section) should be removed:

 $shale-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/shale/resources/Bundle.properties

 * <OT>Does Studio Creator need files in jar basedir, or will some dir
in META-INF do?</OT>

> org.apache.shale:shale-dist:1.0.3
<snip/>

I can only find 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT

> org.apache.shale:shale-master:1.0.3
<snap/>

Did you mean org.apache.shale:shale-master:1 ?

> org.apache.shale:shale-parent:1.0.3
<snip/>

maven-javadoc-plugin dependency version numbers inconsistent with
dependencies section (digester points to 1.6, should be 1.7 and
logging points to 1.0.4, should be 1.1)

> org.apache.shale:shale-remoting:1.0.3
> org.apache.shale:shale-spring:1.0.3
> org.apache.shale:shale-test:1.0.3
<snap/>

No LICENSE, NOTICE in jar. Move LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt from:
$shale-test/  to $shale-test/src/main/resources

> org.apache.shale:shale-tiger:1.0.3
> org.apache.shale:shale-tiles:1.0.3
<snip/>

No LICENSE, NOTICE in jar. Move LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt from:
$shale-tiles/  to $shale-tiles/src/main/resources

If possible, it would be great if applicable Shale jars' manifests
also adopt the Jakarta Commons non-standard attributes regarding JVM
targets (m1 docs):

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html#checkjarmanifest

More of a reassurance, than anything else, for those of us having
deployments on 1.4.

Finally, thanks to all for the work towards Shale 1.0.3.

-Rahul