shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bug in Shale 103 parent pom
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:48:59 GMT

> what's going wrong is that b/c in parent there is the link to m2-snap
> and it tries to look apache2-pom up in m2-snap and the listed java.net repo.
>
> I have other repositories (like ibiblio) in my settings.xml.

Ibiblio is the default central repository, you shouldn't need to add
it to settings.xml

> I am wondering, why it looks for apache2-pom only inside these two repos.

Restated, I'm wondering why it does *not* check the central repo,
where it would find that pom.  Are you using a mirror of central? If
so, are you sure it's available?

If 'central' is getting blacklisted earlier in the build because Maven
can't connect, that might be the reason it never gets checked for the
Apache pom.

This sounds like a question for the Maven users list.  I don't think
the Shale pom is doing anything wrong, (except increasing the load on
people.apache.org.)

--
Wendy