shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven dependencies
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 04:23:55 GMT

> That would be good.  But I also ran into something else post-1.0.3 ...
> apparently profiles are not inherited the way I thought they were either, so
> having the JSFRI-versus-MyFaces decision being done in shale-apps-parent
> might also not be the best long term solution (at least until Maven2
> changes).

Is this what you're referring to?
   http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Profile-Inheritance-p5803559.html

Thinking out loud...

We still need to be able to build and test the framework against
different JSF implementations, so the profiles will be in shale-parent
(or possibly shale-core), but all of those dependencies will be marked
'provided'.

Then I think those profiles will be repeated in shale-apps-parent,
this time with the dependencies in compile scope, so they will be
included in WEB-INF/lib.

--
Wendy