shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven dependencies
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 04:08:17 GMT
I'm looking at SHALE-258 and the general issues with Maven
dependencies that Craig ran into leading up to the 1.0.3 release.

To keep from imposing our choice of JSF implementation on users, we'll
have to mark all of the related dependencies as 'provided'.

I'm not yet sure how that's going to affect the webapp dependencies,
but I'm resigned to duplicating some of the declarations for now, if
it makes things work right.

Having the dependencies in the webapp poms might also make it easier
for people to use the examples as the basis for their own apps.  Right
now, if you disconnect one of the webapps from Shale's pom inheritance
hierarchy, you'll have to add several things before it will work
again.

I'm also going to try defining some properties for the version numbers
of our dependencies.  Since dependencyManagement isn't working quite
right, I hope to be able to control the version number high in the pom
hierarchy, and then use something like
   <version>${commons-logging-version}</version>.

--
Wendy