shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Shale Version 1.0.3 Release
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 03:51:09 GMT

> Hmm ... on the stuff in the repository, Maven's "deploy" command is
> calculating and setting up the md5 and sha1 signatures without the
> filenames.  I copied that style on the release artifacts by manually
> chopping the filenames off to match (32 byte files for md5 and 40 byte files
> for sha1).  I've been comparing signatures by inspection.

I don't know why Maven does it that way, except that whatever library
it's using internally might need that format.  Not being able to use
-c to check just makes it harder to script, no big deal.

I just noticed that shale-blank includes two versions of both
commons-logging and commons-validator.  Want to fix it and re-do the
signatures?  It doesn't happen if I build it from source.

(The other example apps are using commons-logging 1.0.4.)

In any case, the framework distribution looks fine, (and I assume this
can't be GA due to the snapshot dependencies,) so:

+1 (binding)

--
Wendy