shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confluence Wiki Anyone?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 00:00:07 GMT
On 8/8/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:

> What do people think about setting up a confluence wiki for Shale?
> Wendy tipped me off about cwiki.apache.org.  Apparently its up and
> running now.  Personally I think Confluence is a lot better then the
> current wiki.

I wanted it from the beginning, but they were still working out the
details.  It seems to be available now, requests for new spaces and
imports are being fulfilled.

Take a look at how Geronimo is using it:  http://cwiki.apache.org/geronimo/

They have a separate 'space' for the docs for each version, one for
development, project management, knowledge base, and sandbox.

The space naming convention would probably give us SHLx___

Do we want to have just one space, and use it like we use Moin, or do
we want to push most of the project docs to the wiki?

In the second case we might want SHLxDEV for our notes on how to use
Maven and Subversion for various things, and another one for docs that
get exported and included in the distribution.

--
Wendy