shale-dev mailing list archives

From James Mitchell <jmitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Confluence Wiki Anyone?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 00:34:58 GMT
While I tend to lean toward the 'use OSS when possible' side,
Confluence is a sexy wiki.

If we can get a confluence instance, how feasible would it be to:
  - move all the documentation to the wiki
  - have that content available as a PDF to replace what we moved

We could even go so far as to commit the pdf to svn so we can version
it along with the distributions.

I see this as having several positive aspects.
  - we no longer have to publish the site documentation on every
simple change
  - we can use that cool snippet plugin
  - those who prefer to grab a zip/pdf and run can do so (without
having to build from src xdocs if offline)
  - there are more I'm sure....

--
James Mitchell
678.910.8017