shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Why is AbstractJsfTestCase.suite() defined?
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:01:44 GMT
AbstractJsfTestCase.suite() exists and cancels out the ability to
determine the tests by reflection.

    public static Test suite() {
        return (new TestSuite());
    }

This is quite annoying and cost me an hour's time trying to determine
why switching from extending TestCase to extending AbstractJsfTestCase
mysteriously broke everything.

Is there a reason why this method exists?   I see a comment in the
MyFaces tests at
myfaces-api:javax.faces.convert.DateTimeConverterTest.

    public static Test suite() {
        return null; // keep this method or maven won't run it
    }

Does maven require suite() to exist and then ignores the result?
That's broken and should be fixed, not catered to.

Adding code like the following to each subclass does work, but should
not be necessary.

    public static Test suite() {
        return (new TestSuite(NumberConverterTest.class));
    }