shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confluence Wiki Anyone?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 21:01:39 GMT
> If we need two, it can be two Conflucence 'spaces'.  I'm not planning
> to do anything else on Moin Moin (the current wiki) if Confluence is
> available.
>
> I believe the infrastructure group's concerns with Confluence have
> been addressed by a new plugin that exports static html.  (Apparently
> Confluence pages aren't cacheable, so there was concern about the load
> if it had to generate every page every time.)

If someone can stand the "heat", it would be a good idea to get
clarification on this from Infrastructure.   The last postings I saw
on the subject were that projects must use Moin Moin for a general
wiki, but that it was allowable to use Confluence to generate static
content like documentation.

Another topic of concern was allowing people who have not been granted
committer status the ability to edit the official documentation for a
project.