shale-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <gred...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL Voting For the Logo Contest
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:15:28 GMT

On Aug 30, 2006, at 11:19 PM, James Mitchell wrote:

> One thing that isn't 100% nailed down is the actual voting.  Do we
> want to post our votes to private@?  Or dev@?  Or setup a quick web-
> based poll to keep the votes hidden until the time expires.

I think all votes should be to users@.  The purpose of the contest
was to get people to subscribe there anyway.  I don't have a problem
with PMC and community votes going to the same place.  I do think we
need to keep two separate tallies, but I think if the two groups come
up with vastly different results we should seriously consider whether
we want to stick to our guns or not.

Greg