shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Schofield" <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL Voting For the Logo Contest
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:26:39 GMT
I agree with locking the page down.  I don't have any problem with the
system as proposed but I think we should add a second round of voting.
 Lets shorten the initial vote to 7 days.  If you miss out on the
voting in the first round there's still a second round.

Proposal for the second round:

Take the top 5 (weighted) choices of the PMC.  If the users top choice
is something that is not in the top 5 then substitute the 5th choice
for the user's top choice.   Then repeat the voting for another 7
days.

If we add time for tabulating the votes, setting up the "canddiate
page", etc. It should take about 3 weeks.

sean