shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Schofield" <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dialog] Get rid of subdialogs
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:28:15 GMT
> I'm not sure. I am somewhat uncomfortable adding new functionality when
> there's already a valid mechanism in place, especially when such a change
> requires considerable design changes. And in this case, we've got our hands
> full of things that must be fixed for a viable dialog implementation that's
> usable in production, such as supporting simultaneous dialogs. I'd rather
> concentrate on those things first, hoping that the smaller issues, such as
> this, will fall out in the design, if appropriate.

It sounds like Craig is proposing a rapid redesign of the dialogs over
the next few weeks.  If that's the case then IMO everything should be
on the table.  Now that we've seen the limitations of shale dialog
"out in the wild" its time to correct things now before its too late.
 I would agree that lots of the existing stuff is viable but it
doesn't hurt to think out of the box before we commit ourselves to
what we have.

> david

Sean