shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Schofield" <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confluence Wiki Anyone?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:49:12 GMT
So there would be 2 wikis?  One for official documenation (confluence)
and one for community based documentation (current)?

To me the current Shale website is a bit overwhelming with
information.  I like the idea of moving all of the getting started
docs to confluence and organizing them by subproject.  We just need a
prominent link on the main page to direct users to.  The "Getting
Started" link seems to be a growing trend and its the first thing I
look for when I start with a new technology.

-1 for separate confluence wikis for each version.  I think we can add
version-appropriate notes where needed and keep stuff in one wiki.
Maybe separate sections for each version if there are major
installation gotchas but definitely not a separate wiki.  For release
plans, I definitely think a separate page for each version would be
fine.

Sean