serf-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1833229 - in /serf/trunk: buckets/ssl_buckets.c test/MockHTTPinC/MockHTTP_server.c
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2018 12:02:35 GMT
On 09.06.2018 13:56, brane@apache.org wrote:
> Author: brane
> Date: Sat Jun  9 11:56:33 2018
> New Revision: 1833229

> Log:
> Make the tests work with OpenSSL 1.1 on Windows (and also other platforms).

Without the changes in this patch, the Serf tests on Windows with
OpenSSL 1.1 fail due to an infinite recursion in OpenSSL's
CRYPTO_malloc(). Apparently, the *_malloc_init calls are not even
necessary ... I tested these changes on Windows and macOS with the
latest OpenSSL 1.1.0 and 1.0.2 versions.

It still seems that the OpenSSL library initialization, especially if
the library is used from both a shared lib and the program that uses it,
is less than robust. I can't be 100% sure that this fix is valid, but I
am sure that the existing code was not.

I am a bit worried about the fact that in Serf proper, this
initialization is wrapped in an #ifdef, but in the mock HTTP server,
it's not.

-- Brane