serf-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SCons considered terminally broken
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2018 18:07:20 GMT
On 23.06.2018 19:53, Greg Stein wrote:
> I think you have suggested CMake in the past? ... I would support any
> build system that does Unix and Windows (which obviates autoconf)

Not that I like CMake, but in my experience it does work better
cross-platform than SCons. So yes, I started working on a CMake-based
build just today. I'll be testing it on OSX and Windows to see how that
goes. However I don't expect to replicate all the features of the SCons
build; for example, I'm not planning to add the SOURCE_LAYOUT feature we
have, which is only used on Windows and really only for APR/Util and
OpenSSL. With these dependencies moving to more predictable installed
layouts, it should no longer be necessary.

-- Brane