serf-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Time for 1.4.0?
Date Tue, 08 May 2018 15:18:55 GMT
On 07.05.2018 15:11, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On May 3, 2018, at 15:11, Branko ─îibej wrote:
>
>> I think there are more than enough improvements on trunk[1] to warrant a
>> new release; whether that's called 1.4.0 or 2.0 (which is the current
>> trunk version) doesn't really matter; but more than a year and a half
>> since the last release, it really is time for a new one.
>>
>> I'd be happy to do the RM tasks if necessary.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> -- Brane
>>
>> [1] I'm aware of:
>>
>>  * HTTP/2
>>  * OCSP client request and response handling
>>  * Brotli compression
>>  * Better support for building with OpenSSL 1.0.x/1.1.x and LibreSSL
> It would be great if libserf could get its library versioning information back on macOS
with scons 2.4.1 and later. It's been missing for over 2 years already.

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/serf-dev/201709.mbox/%3cB86D4FE3-0129-4AA7-A03C-A478AF41E4AF@ryandesign.com%3e

I appreciate your fiery passionate hatred for scons, but someone has to
step up with a fix to our build scripts or cross-platform replacement
(which these days would mean cmake, which I have a fiery passionate
hatred for ... go figure).

Has anyone bothered to file a bug with the scons authors about this?

-- Brane

P.S.: How is it that despite a proliferation of build systems there are
exactly *none* that are useful and easy to maintain beyond a tiny "hello
world" example?