serf-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1804671 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/md/mod_md_config.c
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 07:09:25 GMT
Thanks for the feedback and the crosspost. I think it would be great to offer peeps
that already link serf into their server to avoid an additional dependency.

Regarding Apache infrastructure use:

Would you prefer that the server gracefully restarts itself (when needed, at a time
interval configured?) or is this something where you prefer outside control anyway and
maybe a callable script that notifies/mails an admin?

-Stefan

> Am 14.08.2017 um 07:43 schrieb Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com>:
>
> [cc: serf]
>
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 3:41 AM, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
wrote:
> If you're looking at this anyway, how hard would it be for someone knowledgeable to make
a md_serf.c as alternative to md_curl.c? ^^

> Should be pretty easy, I think. Looking at serf_get.c will give somebody an easy path
to build the alternative:
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/serf/trunk/test/serf_get.c
>
> There is a lot of stuff in there that isn't applicable, so the core should be quite small/easy.
And it uses APR pools (and whatnot), so the impedance should be very low.

> While I'm busy over in Infra-land, there are other Serf people here and happy to help.
I'll certainly throw in on some reviews, if/when I see the commits.

> And from ASF/Infra side: we'd love to see this code hit a release soon. We've been very
hesitant to use LE in our deployments because the httpd and puppet config/scripts are quite
rough. It doesn't "Just Work". This would go a long ways towards solving numerous certificate-related
issues for us.