serf-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schultz <Michael.Schu...@microfocus.com>
Subject Please consider dropping scons
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 00:01:24 GMT
I have just spent the last two days trying to build serf on an HP-UX machine. I was trying
to build Subversion on the machine, and everything was going along fine until I tried to build
serf. Then I had to install scons, which required me to build python, which paradoxically
required python to be already installed on the machine. I got around all of that but then
when I returned to serf, now scons can't locate the C compiler. I have found topics online
that tell me now to set the external PATH, but they all assume that I know something about
scons, which I don't, and thus their sage advice is of no help.

So, I am NOT asking for help on that. I have now exceeded my time on this side project, and
must solve my problem with subversion by building the source on a separate LINUX machine where
the subversion client works properly and just copying the source over to the HP-UX machine.

What I am asking is that you drop scons as the build environment and switch to configure,
like the rest of the Apache projects.

Michael Schultz
Software System Developer - Senior Principal
Micro Focus
8310 N. Capital of Texas Highway
Building 1, Suite 155
Austin, TX 78731, USA