serf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <danie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1774473 - in /serf/branches/ocsp-verification: buckets/ssl_buckets.c serf_bucket_types.h test/test_ssl.c
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 19:23:45 GMT
Branko Čibej wrote on Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 13:56:34 +0100:
> I have no interest in making Serf support /all/ possible OpenSSL
> options. On trunk, we already use OPENSSL_NO_TLSEXT and OPENSSL_NO_OCSP
> in the code, but it doesn't compile if either or both of these are
> actually defined.
>
> I have that fixed locally (see attached patch), although the fix
> unfortunately involves adding some conditional blocks to the code ...
> not nice, but I can't think of a better way to make things work, other
> than removing the dependency on those symbols altogether.

Have you considered making it a configure-time error¹ to use an openssl
that doesn't have those two symbols defined?  At least, until somebody
comes along and asks for them to be supported?

The less knobs the better, and all that...

Cheers,

Daniel

¹ Whatever the scons analogue of "configure-time" is.