serf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Lieven Govaerts <...@mobsol.be>
Subject Re: Getting Serf released
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 06:10:51 GMT
Hi Bert,

Op woensdag 24 augustus 2016 heeft Bert Huijben <bert@qqmail.nl> het
volgende geschreven:

>         Hi,
>
> I think we should really try to get serf back to being releasable. The last
> release was handled by Lieven before we joined the ASF and I have not been
> involved with the release process. Many things have changed and we now have
> buildbots, etc.
>
> I think the 1.3.x branch is +- releasable as is. Branko mentioned several
> weeks ago that he might have some patches to help improve support on OS/X.
> If he has useful patches we could wait, or try releasing again a few weeks
> later.
>
> What is still needed? OpenSSL 1.1.x support was already merged if I
> remember
> correctly.
> Is there some script available to do the releasing? Or should I try to
> script something and try to create an initial tarball for further review?
>
>
>
>From an earlier mail on this list, the procedure I've always used:

"
 The release procedure consists of:
1. Preparing the release notes on trunk, merging them to,the branch
2. Creating a release tag based on the branch
3. Running the dist.sh script on a Mac/Linux pc
4. manually verifying the tarballs generated by the script
5. uploading the tarballs
6. manually verifying SHA1 after upload
7. sending a relelase announcement mail

Dist.sh is already updated to point to the new svn repo, and as far as I
can see in the code it should work fine.

This is of course only the act of creating and publishing the tarball, we
should add a voting step and define where/how to,upload the tarballs, wait
for sync to dist mirror ...
"



> Trunk/1.4 will probably need a bit more work, but if we have a release
> process going things should be a bit easier.
> The major TODO there would be to review what parts of the HTTP/2 support
> should be made private.
>
>
> As a personal deadline: I would like to see some releases before the
> October
> Subversion hackathon in Berlin. That would be in time to announce the
> release with the next board report.
> But if we can do it in the next weeks...?


I can do a review of the serf 1.3.x changes, most of them are (still) fine
last I checked.

Lieven


> Thanks,
>         Bert
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message