serf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Bert Huijben" <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject Getting Serf released
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 12:09:23 GMT
	Hi,

I think we should really try to get serf back to being releasable. The last
release was handled by Lieven before we joined the ASF and I have not been
involved with the release process. Many things have changed and we now have
buildbots, etc.

I think the 1.3.x branch is +- releasable as is. Branko mentioned several
weeks ago that he might have some patches to help improve support on OS/X.
If he has useful patches we could wait, or try releasing again a few weeks
later.

What is still needed? OpenSSL 1.1.x support was already merged if I remember
correctly.
Is there some script available to do the releasing? Or should I try to
script something and try to create an initial tarball for further review?



Trunk/1.4 will probably need a bit more work, but if we have a release
process going things should be a bit easier.
The major TODO there would be to review what parts of the HTTP/2 support
should be made private.


As a personal deadline: I would like to see some releases before the October
Subversion hackathon in Berlin. That would be in time to announce the
release with the next board report.
But if we can do it in the next weeks...?

Thanks,
	Bert


Mime
View raw message