serf-dev mailing list archives

From "Bert Huijben" <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject RE: [Vote] Apache Serf 1.3.9 up for signing/testing
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:29:32 GMT

	Hi Justin,

This is the first time we did this for serf, so I just used the method we used for Subversion
for several years.
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/releasing.html#tarball-signing

The usual procedure is a checkout of https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/serf, which gets
you the artifacts and .asc files

I scripted the signing for myself by calling
$ gpg -ba -o - "$file" >> "$file.asc"
'-b' is for a detached signature
'-a' is for an ascii signature
'-o -' sends the output to stdout, which allows the forwarding with >>

Committing the .asc files back stores them in the staging area... but I just copied them from
there to the release area ^/release/serf. But PMC members can just add the keys to the .asc
files there.

We currently have 3 signatures, so we have everything we need for our first proper ASF release
tomorrow, but of course it will be useful if more developers know how to provide the signatures.

	Bert