serf-dev mailing list archives

From Lieven Govaerts <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding Serf install using scons failing
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 12:12:43 GMT
Arun,

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 10:57 AM, arun prasath <get2arun@gmail.com> wrote:
> Adding scons Dev Team.
>
> Please help me on this.

I don't think the scons dev team is needed for any of the problems
you're encountering.

> I have fixed the import error by running the scons from source instead of
> scons from installed path. But bin directory is missing. Any idea why bin
> directory is missing?

What "scons install" does is build the serf source code files and then
installs them to a location you specified.
Because serf is a library, it does not have any executables to
install, so no bin folder is needed.
The files the Subversion build system requires are libserf-1.so and
the .h files, so it looks like your serf installation worked fine.

> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Arun Prasath
>
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 3:21 PM, arun prasath <get2arun@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Lieven,
>> As suggested I skipped the "scons check" and executed "scons install". It
>> went fine but bin directory was not there inside the scons installation
>> folder. The files installed are below. Then I tried svn install but it says
>> serf is not available.

You need to tell Subversion's configure where to find the serf
library. This is documented in the INSTALL file of the Subversion
source code distribution.
(the --with-serf option).
If you can't get it solved, I'm sure the Subversion community can help
you out, you can contact these nice folks at
users@subversion.apache.org .

regards,

Lieven