serf-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1713936 - in /serf/trunk: buckets/allocator.c buckets/log_wrapper_buckets.c outgoing.c test/mock_buckets.c
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:29:28 GMT
On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 6:37 AM, Bert Huijben <bert@qqmail.nl> wrote:

> This assumed somebody calls serf_debug__entered_loop()...
> Which we -as far as I can tell- never did. No call in trunk nor in
> branches/[01].[0-9].x.

Weird. I could swear it was in there. Maybe it caused too much trouble, as
you're finding.

> I have a patch that adds this call on the connection and the allocators of
> (partially) written request.
>
> But adding that call caused new test failures, especially around ssl
> buckets, where substreams are commonly not read further after
> APR_SUCCESS... as we have to wait for the server to come with more data
> first, before we can write something else.
> (Trying to work out a solution)

Well, it seems fine to exclude certain buckets, if comments explain why.
Maybe one day, we'll figure out a solution.

That code is there to try and help app programmers with "proper" use of the
buckets. Getting 90% of the buckets, doing 80% of the tests would go a long
ways towards that goal.

> Aggregate buckets can have a hold open callback, causing them to return
> something else than EOF (E.g. EAGAIN) until <some condition>.

I've never really looked at that "hold open" thing. Any way we can
deprecate that? Change code to avoid using it? (and avoid these kinds of
problems)

Cheers,
-g