serf-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1714297 - in /serf/trunk: buckets/event_buckets.c outgoing.c serf_private.h
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2015 11:01:26 GMT
On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 3:36 AM, <rhuijben@apache.org> wrote:

> Author: rhuijben
> Date: Sat Nov 14 09:36:08 2015
> New Revision: 1714297

> Log:
> Redefine the event bucket as a wrapping bucket, to remove dependencies on
> implementation details on the 'aggregation' stream around the event bucket.
>
> Calculate total number of bytes read to increase event value.
>
> * buckets/event_buckets.c
>   (event_context_t): Extend state a bit.
>   (serf__bucket_event_create): Add start event and stream arguments.

What is the start callback for? You added that, but don't use it. And why
is there bytes_read when it is (by definition) always zero. ?

For that matter ... why even attempt to record bytes_read? That doesn't
appear to be used. And it is missing bytes read via readline().

I'm wary of the callbacks to start with -- that somehow normal bucket
reading is not enough, and so "magic" needs to happen under the covers.
(kinda like my query about hold_open)

Cheers,
-g