serf-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [serf-dev] [serf] r2489 committed - In preparation of serf 1.4.0, remove the get_remaining function from t...
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 08:26:44 GMT
On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 3:18 AM, Bert Huijben <bert@qqmail.nl> wrote:

> We currently don’t export the ‘extern’ variables from the shared library
> on Windows, so if we

Yes, we do. Look at build/gen_def.py and the resulting .def file. The
bucket types are in there.

> I don’t see how using the __declspec(dllimport) would break existing
> binaries. We want the new pointers to match for new binaries, while not
> having matching pointers for old binaries wouldn’t break anybody. I fully
> agree that it is not nice to have those declarations in the code, but it is
> not that adding these now wouldn’t work.

Oh, right. Old code isn't going to perform the function pointer test, so no
biggy.

Alright. So if we monkey our header file to provide the declspec (ref:
APR's function declarations for an example), would that solve the problem
for Windows? ... or would you want to go with a helper function for a test
that doesn't involve function pointers?

I'd need to go back over the history of this bug... I seem to recall there
may be issues on Linux too.

Cheers,
-g