serf-dev mailing list archives

From "Bert Huijben" <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject Apache Serf 1.4.0 / 2.0.0 (and 1.3.9)
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 11:30:59 GMT
	Hi all,

I'll have to report progress to the ASF board in a few days, but I don't
have much to add over the previous report.

I don't see a real solution yet on how we can release a Serf 1.4.0 soon.
Greg's solution might work but it feels like another hack to me. When I
talked to Ivan in Berlin we came to the conclusion that it might be easier
to just go directly to Serf 2.0 and resolve the bucket problem properly
(with a way for future extension) and get the thing released.

Subversion 1.9 is already compatible with a Serf 2.0 -to allow testing
against trunk- and I don't think it would be that hard for other users like
Openoffice to enable support for that.

The plans to release 1.4.0 are now well over a year old and we should really
get back in a releasable form.

As a small intermediate step Ivan and I have been working on getting a new
1.3.X release ready with quite a few bugfixes we accumulated over the last
year. This version passes all tests on the various buildbots we setup on
http://serf.apache.org/buildbot.

What steps do we need here to get this version released as a tarball?
(I think most releases were created by Greg and Lieven and there is no real
release procedure yet)

After the tarball is created we can probably copy the Subversion/ASF
procedure of adding it in the 'dev' area, getting signatures, etc.

	Bert