serf-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Short term release policy?
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 10:34:24 GMT
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Ivan Zhakov <ivan@visualsvn.com> wrote:
> I think it's a good idea. I also suggest to reconsider decision about
> using dev@s.a.o for commit and JIRA notifications -- it's hard to
> filter them and important dev@ discussions could be missed with
> current approach.

*shrug*

Let's give it some time to settle down and see how much traffic it really is.

>> * Do we want to create future 1.3.x serf releases?
> I think it's good idea and I'm volunteering to backport necessary
> changes if nobody objects.
>
>> * If yes, do we want to change the license on 1.3.x?
>>
> I think we should, otherwise we need some special statements on
> Download page that this is not ASF release.

For Subversion, I thought that we didn't touch the license blocks for
the pre-ASF releases though we did a couple of patch releases after
the migration.  I know I wasn't the only one around at that time on
this list (*grin*) - anyone remember the specifics?  I'd really prefer
not to have a big delta on a patch release if at all possible.  --
justin