serf-dev mailing list archives

From Lieven Govaerts <...@mobsol.be>
Subject Re: [serf-dev] Google Code Issue migration
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:52:30 GMT
On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 8:52 PM, Ivan Zhakov <ivan@visualsvn.com> wrote:
> Status update:
> ASF INFRA team performed test import for us:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SERF
>
> The following data was converted:
> 1. Summary
> 2. Reporter and current assignee
> 3. Comments with original date and author
> 4. Labels
> 5. Issue status and resolution
Looks good.

I liked the difference between "New" and "Accepted" in the old repo,
is that still possible? Seems like "ACCEPTED" is available in Jira,
atleast in the filter.

> 6. Issue creation and last update date
>
> The following data was *not* converted:
> 1. Attachments -- I didn't find easy way to download them. I'm also
> not sure that JIRA supports importing attachments.
> 2. History of changes.
>
> Things I'm going to do for final migration:
> 1. Add footer with original comment author for unmapped users.
> 2. Investigate ways to migrate issue history (source data is not easy to parse).
>
> Bert suggested to remap revision numbers to match ASF repository
> revisions. But there is a risk that conversion replace something else
> that match rNNN pattern. So I'm inclined to leave them as-is.

You could add a "(asf repo: [rNNN+offset])" right behind the old
number. But I don't think it's that important, these revs are
typically used in issues that are resolved anyway.

Lieven