serf-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Zhakov <i...@visualsvn.com>
Subject Re: [serf-dev] Google Code Issue migration
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 20:22:28 GMT
On 27 August 2015 at 22:52, Lieven Govaerts <lgo@mobsol.be> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 8:52 PM, Ivan Zhakov <ivan@visualsvn.com> wrote:
>> Status update:
>> ASF INFRA team performed test import for us:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SERF
>>
>> The following data was converted:
>> 1. Summary
>> 2. Reporter and current assignee
>> 3. Comments with original date and author
>> 4. Labels
>> 5. Issue status and resolution
> Looks good.

Cool!

> I liked the difference between "New" and "Accepted" in the old repo,
> is that still possible? Seems like "ACCEPTED" is available in Jira,
> atleast in the filter.

We need custom workflow for this. I prefer to stick we simple standard
workflow at least for migration.

>> 6. Issue creation and last update date
>>
>> The following data was *not* converted:
>> 1. Attachments -- I didn't find easy way to download them. I'm also
>> not sure that JIRA supports importing attachments.
>> 2. History of changes.

>> Things I'm going to do for final migration:
>> 1. Add footer with original comment author for unmapped users.
Done.

>> 2. Investigate ways to migrate issue history (source data is not easy to parse).
Done.

>> Bert suggested to remap revision numbers to match ASF repository
>> revisions. But there is a risk that conversion replace something else
>> that match rNNN pattern. So I'm inclined to leave them as-is.
>
> You could add a "(asf repo: [rNNN+offset])" right behind the old
> number. But I don't think it's that important, these revs are
> typically used in issues that are resolved anyway.

It could be possible, but there are still risk to mangle original
comment. I still think that effort doesn't worth the result and
inclined to leave it as is.

I've asked INFRA team to perform another migration for us with
improved import data. I hope it will be final import.

--
Ivan Zhakov