serf-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Zhakov <i...@visualsvn.com>
Subject Re: [serf-dev] Google Code Issue migration
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 12:39:38 GMT
On 26 August 2015 at 15:30, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
[..]

>> I also have an idea to add special custom field with link to original
>> issue in Google Code Archive. But we need ask INFRA team to add this
>> field for us. I'm going to do this after successful test migration.
>
> I get the impression that links to code.google.com ("c.g.c") will eventually
> fail. It may not be worth the effort, or the future failing links, to add a
> field pointing at c.g.c.

I was thinking to add links to Google Code Archive:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/serf/
https://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/ReadOnlyTransition

> If you retain all the information, in some way or another, then I don't
> think links will be needed. If JIRA records all label changes, all authors,
> all comments, etc … good enough.

I'm not sure that I'll be able preserve all label changes except
comments, due slightly different data model of Google Code Issue
tracker and ASF JIRA. Current implementation preserve summary,
description, reporter, status and comments.

--
Ivan Zhakov