serf-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [serf-dev] Google Code Issue migration
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 13:06:52 GMT
On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 7:39 AM, Ivan Zhakov <ivan@visualsvn.com> wrote:

> On 26 August 2015 at 15:30, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> [..]
> >>
> >> I also have an idea to add special custom field with link to original
> >> issue in Google Code Archive. But we need ask INFRA team to add this
> >> field for us. I'm going to do this after successful test migration.
> >
> > I get the impression that links to code.google.com ("c.g.c") will
> eventually
> > fail. It may not be worth the effort, or the future failing links, to
> add a
> > field pointing at c.g.c.
> >
> I was thinking to add links to Google Code Archive:
> https://code.google.com/archive/p/serf/
> https://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/ReadOnlyTransition

Up to you... Can't hurt to drop those in, even if they won't live forever
(as Bert notes). As issues get closed, the (potentially) broken links will
not matter. And the more data you retain in the transfer, the less those
links will be needed.

> > If you retain all the information, in some way or another, then I don't
> > think links will be needed. If JIRA records all label changes, all
> authors,
> > all comments, etc … good enough.
> >
> I'm not sure that I'll be able preserve all label changes except
> comments, due slightly different data model of Google Code Issue
> tracker and ASF JIRA. Current implementation preserve summary,
> description, reporter, status and comments.

Sure. But maybe those label changes can move into the comment text.

Take a look at the c.g.c -> github transfer of an issue:
  https://github.com/gstein/ezt/issues/7

Hopefully, that will give you some ideas on ways to port the content.

Thanks!!
-g