ripple-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier ...@grobmeier.de>
Subject Re: Ripple to be retired from the incubator?
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 13:53:59 GMT
Hi all,

from my observations over the long time I was mentoring this project I
can say it was always an up and down. People wanted to progress, but it
never happened as day jobs prevented it. I think around the time Chrome
introduced some tooling in that direction (even when its missing
advanced mobile features) interest decreased even more.

Today I see not much activity.

Personally I think a project like Ripple does not have a chance to build
a vibrant community here. GitHub might be a better place, as there are
no formalities involved.

I am +1 for retiring the project.

I am bit sad about this, as I always hoped the ASF would become a bit
less Java centric, also bringing its benefits to other environments.
Unfortunately I have not seen many successful web related projects
(ignoring Cordova a little).

Cheers,

Christian

--