ripple-dev mailing list archives

From "Horn, Julian C" <julian.c.h...@intel.com>
Subject RE: A question about require (ripple): why build-time stacking instead of runtime injection?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 18:50:22 GMT
I also don’t find it difficult to debug Ripple in its release/combined form, as long as it
isn't minified. It can sometimes be convenient to be able to search around when everything
is all in one file.  When you find the site you want to change you can always find out what
individual file you are in by searching backwards for the nearest define.  When I shift from
problem analysis to implementing a fix I kind of change gears anyway.

Also, when I debug a problem from the field I always debug using the release form so the stack
tracebacks match up.

    Julian

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Barham [mailto:Tim.Barham@microsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2015 2:17 PM
To: dev@ripple.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: A question about require (ripple): why build-time stacking instead of runtime
injection?

Don't know of any technical requirement, though interestingly with script injection in Cordova
... are you referring plugin scripts? Because they're moving towards a model where they're
concatenated at build time (using browserify) rather than injected at runtime.

For me with Ripple, I just make sure I'm at least always working against a non-uglified version