ripple-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Results from recent Ripple & Cordova-Browser meeting
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 19:02:56 GMT
Hi,

Here is something we put together, illustrating how Ripple and Cordova-browser can work together.
We have tried to summarize the many comments that this topic has seen on the Cordova mailing
list, and the Ripple mailing list.

PPT http://1drv.ms/1xP6bbI
PDF http://1drv.ms/11ruAY9

For next steps, I think it may make sense to have a hangout meeting since most folks could
not make it to the last meeting. Here is a Doodle I created. If all the folks interested in
this could add in the preferred times, I can set up the meeting - http://doodle.com/7x5dfmrzmz64tmgp

-----Original Message-----
From: Michal Mocny [mailto:mmocny@google.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 8:42 AM
To: Ripple Dev List [ASF]; Horn, Julian C
Subject: Results from recent Ripple & Cordova-Browser meeting

(Re-post from a previous thread)

Hi Julian,

I missed the meeting, but I agree with your slides and conclusions.  A few minor comments:

1. I'm happy enough to label cordova-browser as a "deployment" platform, but we should expect
that it will have usefulness outside of actual deployment to users.  I really like labeling
of Ripple as a "diagnostics"
platform.
2. I'm a little unclear why Ripple is a platform (which you `cordova prepare` for), rather
than just an run/emulate target?  Wouldn't you want to run the cordova-ios assets for ios
diagnostics, cordova-android target for android diagnostics, etc?  (Jesse brought this question
up on the dev
lists)

Any other conclusions from the meeting?

Thanks