ripple-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Moving towards ripple 2.0
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 00:59:21 GMT
Thanks for this Ali.

Given that the Ripple community is not a vibrant one at this point your engagement like this
is good. We need to ensure that any lurkers feel included (which you are doing well) whilst
also ensuring that you can proceed as planned (assuming no objections from the community that
is active).

In order to ensure your proposal is considered fully and you are able to proceed, it might
be worth you reading about the concept of Lazy Consensus in ASF projects - very valuable in
situations like this and it should describe how to move forwards with your proposal - http://community.apache.org/committers/lazyConsensus.html

Ross

Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: Ali Satter [mailto:Ali.Satter@microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 4:28 PM
To: dev@ripple.incubator.apache.org
Cc: julian.c.horn@intel.com; Ryan J. Salva
Subject: RE: Moving towards ripple 2.0

Thank you Julian for the summary.  The gist of the proposal is take the core of Ripple and
split it up to support the various scenarios the community has been discussing.  Please take
a look at the high level proposal and share your thoughts.

PPT http://1drv.ms/1xP6bbI
PDF http://1drv.ms/11ruAY9

-
ali